UBUNTU Farm South Africa – Volunteer Program
Announcing the launch of our new volunteer programme for 2017
UBUNTU FARM – South Africa.
Caring for abandoned or injured wild animals – Rehabilitation of wild animals – Maintaining our Lodge – Growing seedlings – Growing organic food – Growing and preserving traditional medicinal plants – Preserving food – Building infrastructure – Teaching and learning Arts & Crafts – Pottery – Weaving – Sewing and more.
Join us for 1 – 3 months
Share your skills with people from the local community
Be a teacher and a learner
Build the foundations for successful and sustainable projects
Create a model for an intentional UBUNTU community
ABOUT UBUNTU FARM
The farm is run by Greg Mitchell and his wife Sarah – mainly operating as an animal rehabilitation centre for a wide variety of wild African animals – with some animals roaming freely and some in cages. It is a 110 acre farm located on the edge of the spectacular mountains surrounding the town of Badplaas (Bath Farm) in the province of Mpumalanga, South Africa. The farm consists of a lodge that operates as a weekend getaway for city folk, with log cabins to accommodate around 40 people, and a swimming pool.
The farm has crystal clear fresh mountain water and all the basic infrastructure to expand into many projects.
First Phase – Starting in January 2017.
The first phase will focus on foundation building – supporting the existing animal rehabilitation activity while creating new projects to support it. This is normally the hardest part of starting any volunteer programme – but also the most exciting part, where life-long friendships are forged and miracles happen every day.
We need to be very selective in the first phase of volunteers for the creation of a solid platform for all the intended projects to come. While people will be chosen for their specialised skills everyone is expected to help and get involved in all areas of activity, where it may be needed.
We invite volunteers with the following skills to join us:
• Wild Animal care and rehabilitation (Training on the job )
• Lodge and dining room management
• Chef / Cook / Baker
• Farm yard /cows / chickens / eggs /milk / butter /cheese / etc.
• Organic food growers – Farming
• Food processing & preservation/ Bottling / Packaging / Storing
• Seedling cultivation – this is a large part of our new projects
• Mushroom cultivation
• Traditional medicinal herbs and plants – growing and packaging
• Builders and Handymen – Carpenters, Plumbers, Electricians
• Artists / Crafters / Potters / Weavers / Any other specialised skills
• Web skills / IT / Graphic Designers
This is NOT a job offer as some have mistakenly seen it, and neither is it a place for people to come live for free, to escape their personal problems. This is an opportunity for those who want to take a few months off from the madness of the world, to come contribute towards building and creating something new and unique in the world – and in the process maybe find their true-self, as is often the case in these situations. We need real skills in people that will not be shy to get their hands dirty.
COST to VOLUNTEERS
Unfortunately we cannot afford to feed and house everyone at our own cost – so we have made it as affordable as possible for everyone, especially for those using currencies like the US$, EURO or GBP. By becoming a volunteer in this project, you will not only help build something unique, but also contribute towards laying the foundations of future sustainable community projects.
Volunteer contribution is $30 per day – For accommodation; three meals per day, coffees and teas – and other basic necessities. Cigarettes, alcohol and other addictions will be for your own account.
Please go to http://www.ubuntuplanet.org or http://www.ubuntuparty.org.za and fill in the form. OR click this link to fill in the form.
POINTS OF INTEREST IN THE AREA:
• Hot water springs and baths in town, down in the valley at the Aventura Resort.
• The Origins Centre with the Big Five Animals right on your doorstep.
• Waterval Boven and the UBUNTU Global Head office is about an hour drive.
• Visits to the stone circles, museum, and Adam’s Calendar with Michael Tellinger, will be part of the volunteer experience.
• Rock climbing – abseiling – Waterval Boven is one of the top 10 rock climbing destinations in the world with more than 700 climbing routes in the immediate area.
• Great mountain biking and hiking routes.
• Mpumalanga has much to offer the tourist – the Kruger National Park,
• Sudwala and Echo Caves, God’s Window and the Blyde River Canyon, and much more.
• The KZN Indian Ocean Coastline is a 4 hour drive
• The awesome coastline of Mozambique is a short 2 hours away.
In unity and resonance,